The 11 outstanding and high-achieving women who received awards in fall 2014 were selected from 66 applications and …
▪ Range in age from 26 to 47 with an average age of 36 years old,
▪ Have an average grade point average of 3.69,
▪ Are in quite diverse fields of study and their programs range from obtaining an associate’s degree to eight women working towards bachelor degrees, one woman pursuing a graduate degree, and one achieving a PhD,
▪ May be raising as many as four dependents: six of these women are caring for and supporting 15 dependents,
▪ Vary in martial status: four of them are single, six are divorced, and one is widowed,
▪ Live in the cities of Aurora, Boulder, Colorado Springs, Denver, Fort Collins, Fountain, Grand Junction, Greeley, and Loveland.
The statistics describing these women only tell part of the story, however. The recipients tell CWEF the scholarships help them transcend serious financial constraints, but the most outstanding gift they receive is a sense of pride and emotional support because CWEF is investing in them and their future. Some recipients share that the communication and encouragement they receive from CWEF is equal to or even more significant in value to them than the funding they receive.
Since its inception in 1976, CWEF has provided nearly 500 women with scholarships totaling almost $400,000.