The nine outstanding and high-achieving women who received awards for spring 2014…
- Range in age from 25 to 61 with an average age of 39 years old,
- Are in quite diverse fields of study and their programs range from an associate’s degree to three women pursuing graduate studies and/or a master’s degree,
- May be raising as many as four dependents: six of these women are caring for and supporting 11 dependents,
- Vary in martial status: five of them are single, one is separated, and three are divorced.
- Live in the cities of Denver, Fort Collins, Longmont, Loveland, and Colorado Springs, where five of them live.
The statistics describing these women only tell part of the story, however. The recipients tell CWEF the scholarships help them transcend serious financial constraints, but the most outstanding gift they receive is a sense of pride and emotional support because CWEF is investing in them and their future.